Monday, December 3, 2012

Customers I love!

The kind of customers I love are the ones that already have some knowledge about their cars. They check the simple things like fluids, maintenance on time, and they hear and feel their vehicle.

For example, this morning a lady came in. We’ll call her Sue. Sue had a 2005 Chevy Impala. Sue noticed abnormal noise coming from her car when she turned to the left side. She said it was a whining noise. I asked her to come with me for a road test. I was driving; while we were driving straight on the road I noticed the car did have the whining noise. When I turned slightly to the right, the noise disappeared, when I turned slightly to the left, the noise got loader. I then told her that she needed front-left wheel-hub-bearing. When I apply the brake I noticed a pulsation on the brake paddle. I asked Sue when the last time she had the brake job on her vehicle was. She told me a different mechanic changed the brakes for her. When the car was back in the garage, we planned on changing the wheel-bearing and inspect her front brakes. While inspecting the brakes we noticed that she had frozen brake caliper slide bolts. The other mechanic did not fix this problem when he changed the pads. This was the cause that bent her rotors. We then fixed everything and Sue left happy with no noise.
 
Brake Rotor and Calipar and Wheel Bearing
 
The reason for this example is that Sue knew there was a problem with her car, but she did not tell me what to do, she simply told me what the problem was. She left the problem to the experts.
Please follow us on twitter.com/automotivecastle and like us on facebook.com/AutomotiveCastle
For more info please visit automotivecastle.com

2 comments:

  1. I have a 2011 Charokee Laredo and very recently i noticed that when I first start my jeep that the rpms are about 500-1000 higher than when I bought it 3 months ago is that a normal thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny I had the same thing happen to my car like 6 years ago. The brakes got messed up and my rotars broke down to cause a bad noise. It cost me like 300$, it really sucked.

    ReplyDelete